Architecture Days 2020
The European House of Architecture- Bas-Rhin organizes “Architecture Days” around the theme “homemade”. In this context, the City and the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg are offering an exhibition of 5 architectural projects in progress and guided tours of 5 realizations.
The good news for 2020 is that the Architecture Days are celebrating their 20th anniversary and that they will take place with more than 150 events in October. MEA‘s passionate team, the elected officials, and creative volunteers are more committed than ever to the organization of this edition, looking forward to welcoming distinguished speakers and creating the world of tomorrow through architecture.
The bad news is that the health crisis has weakened MEA financially like many cultural structures.
The MEA aims to make architectural culture in the Upper Rhine province accessible to the general public. Although architecture is everywhere in our surroundings, in our busy lives, it can go unnoticed.
Exhibition of current architectural projects led by the City and the Eurometropolis of Strasbourg
- Exhibition from September 30 to October 30, 2020
- Municipal Archives of Strasbourg – 32 avenue du Rhin
- Monday and Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You can discover through this exhibition, the projects that have been the subject of architectural competitions in the fields of education, culture, sport, and technical installations with:
- the new Meinau school group,
- the extension of the Place d’Europe to Robertsau
- the new boxing hall of Elsa,
- the restructuring of the Albert Legrand gymnasium in Neudorf,
- development of the Jacoutot quay technical base.
Guided tours of five recent projects offered by the City and Eurometropolis of Strasbourg October 10 at 11:00 am at the XV Council Services House, 20 rue de Rotterdam.
As a reminder, during the year, the MEA organizes:
- Architecture Days
- the largest cross-border architecture festival in Europe
- more than 200 events throughout the Upper Rhine region: in Alsace, Baden-Württemberg, and the two cantons of Basel
- large conferences with internationally renowned speakers (eg Kengo Kuma, Edouardo Souto de Moura, Odile Decq, Werner Sobek, Tatiana Bilbao)
European architectural meetings – 3 great architects-lecturers each year, an unmissable event for architects and professionals.
Educational activities – the MEA places an emphasis on raising the awareness of a young public to architecture, in particular a student competition for tri-national architectural models from kindergarten to 12th grade with German, French, and Swiss student classes.
Archifoto – a biennial international architectural photo competition, aims to become the benchmark award for photographers from all countries whose observation helps to better understand architecture, the urban landscape, the world.
photo: facebook Maison européenne de l’architecture – Rhin supérieur