Toulon to host the final of the Pro Sailing Tour
From Thursday July 29 to Sunday August 1, Toulon will host the final of the Pro Sailing Tour, an international sporting event dedicated to Ocean Fifty, unprecedented in the world of sailing and sport.
Laurent Bonnet, deputy delegate for sport of the City of Toulon, said: ” Beyond the attractive aspect of hosting this international nautical event which resonates with the identity of the territory, it was also important to be able to offer our fellow citizens an event of this magnitude, in the heart of Toulon, after 18 very difficult months, in order to find oneself in a moment of sharing and around the values of sport”.
Julien Mauriat, associate director of Upswing Prod, explained: “The public will be able to enjoy a full program not only from a sporting point of view but also social. General public, particularly young people, will be in direct contact with these giants of the seas and their crews. The village installed in the heart of the city will be accessible with a sense of movement and will allow to see and access the boats at the quayside”.
This is the timeline of the event:
- Thursday, July 29: arrival of the boats and mooring from 4 p.m. on the fishermen’s quay
- Friday, July 30, 11 am-4pm: Speed runs in front of the Mourillon beaches and coastal route to Saint-Mandrier and Six-Fours
- Saturday, July 31,11 am: Conference “The company, vector of sporting performance” – Palais Neptune in the presence of Clément Giraud, Vendée Globe 2020-2021 finisher, Pro Sailing Tour skippers and sponsors
- Saturday, July 31, 1 p.m.: Amateur Regatta in the harbor of Toulon organized by the collective of clubs in the harbor
- Sunday, August 1, 15h: departure for the final Toulon – Brest nonstop / route bypassing the Giens peninsula and Porquerolles then direction Brest
Photo credit: toulon.fr